Saturday, June 4, 2011

This is from Wednesday. It accidently got posted on another Jon&KatePlus8 blog..oops!

The Gateway Arch. Anheuser-Busch Brewery. The Awakening. What a day! After sleeping 13 hours, we decided to awake and seize the day in St. Louis with out very own guides, Charan and Christa. First stop was the Arch, the Gateway to the West. What an enormous monument and a grand view from below. Charan funded our rides up to the top where the city of St. Louis laid 630 feet below.

Next we ventured into the neighboring town and ate at Kayak's Coffee, a very earthy and relaxing restaurant. With our stomach's full, it was only necessary to indulge in the process of a well-known brewery, Anheuser-Busch. We first visited the infamous sights (and smells) of Clydesdales horses. Next we strolled through the fermentation room with temperatures of 50 degrees. As we walked back outside, a smell was very familiar that lingered in the air--yeast. Marissah and I got distracted by a bunny lying in the grass sipping on some beer (just kidding, there was a bunny though). Back indoors with a temperature of 90 degrees this time, we inspected the hops mashing techniques?? I was kind of paying attention, I guess. I was awaiting the sampling part quite eagerly.

Lastly, we visited a giant stature of a, well, giant. Entitled "The Awakening", the giant is slowly coming forth out of the ground one body piece at a time. I literally sat in the palm of his hand. We are about to enjoy a lasagna dinner with the Kirns! We shall need a bit of nutrients for our 12 hour drive tomorrow to Denver, CO.

No comments:

Post a Comment